Sunday, November 23, 2008

November Musings

Been so busy and preoccupied lately, my blog has been completely ignored. I'm moving, again. Sigh...I am comfortable with the decision to move, but it doesn't make it any less work. Packing, sorting, moving shit around...seems to be an endless job of late. Hardly time to think it seems. Stormy appears to be fairly unaffected so far by the increase in activity in the apartment, though he has taken to scampering out into the hallway when someone comes, taking off down through the building. And he was never a cat to escape before...probably has a lot to do with all the traffic through here lately with folks coming to pick stuff up. I'm down to the bare basics now, so just lots of PILES of stuff. A pile to go to the Salvation Army second hand store, a pile for the car, a pile left to pack, and a pile to throw out. At least the piles are getting smaller...I also have a pile of boxes that need to be mailed.


Living surrounded by chaos has not been without affect on me though...I hate it! Can't wait to get on the road with A. for our Christmas holidays down the west coast to Tijuana. Whoo friggin whoo! A. has done most of the planning, and I booked all the hostels yesterday. We're hoping for good weather and can only imagine what adventures we shall encounter along our journey. \


I will miss Stormy. He is going out on the plane from Prince George to Halifax to spend Christmas with my folks. Hopefully he doesn't make a pest of himself and enjoys some time with my neice, Miss O. She has met him before and saw him when he was just a kitten. I bought him a sweater today, but it was too small, so I have to bring it back and get another. It looked darn cute on him, but he hated it..acted like it paralyzed him...such drama! I will return it tomorrow and get a bigger one. After I ship him out I won't see him until mid-January when I get out there. I also bought a heated/massaging seat cushion for A.'s car. I may try it out, but won't need it once I move east. She can certainly use it in the Yukon.


It does feel good to be rid of so much of my stuff...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I've only been reading a little while, I'm wondering why you're moving, where you're moving to, what prompted that?

I know I can't stand moving and have stayed in the same place for the past 11 years now. It helps that the rent is good.

Dreama said...

My dad was recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, so I am going back to the east coast, Dartmouth in particular, to spend time with him and help my parents out in general. I am tiring of moving, and this one is probably the most labour intensive in some respects as I'm doing it all alone for the first time. In the past I've either had my employer paying movers to pack and move it all, or I've had my daughter with me. Now I have Stormy...and he can't life much, lol. This will be my 31st move. Phew..no wonder I'm tired.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I know all about health problems with parents having lost my mother in April and my 'dad' the other day.

Hopefully this will be the last time you have to pack it all up though, I wouldn't look forward to all that work.

Dreama said...

Sorry to hear about losing your parents. I still have both of mine. I don't imagine this is my last move...I forsee several moves coming and eventually, travel with just what I can carry. I've been working hard at paring things down to basics. Not there yet, but much closer than I was 5 moves ago.

 
Locations of visitors to this page