Friday, March 06, 2009

Conversations With Stormy


Sounds like a radio show. I talk to my cat. Most people talk to their pets, whether they'll admit it or not. I live alone with Stormy so I talk to him often. He enjoys it and participates, meowing at will, responding well to my voice. We talk about all kinds of things. Television, music (he loves John Lennon too), mice, treats, cheese, my crazy downstairs neighbor, you name it. No topic is taboo with Stormy. He is rarely offended, and generally will hang about the room as long as you're willing to talk to him. That could go on for hours. Sometimes I just check in with him now and again, he will look up and meow, then go back to sleep. My crazy neighbor thought I had a son...I wonder if he has been listening to our conversations?


I sit in my chair and 1/2 at night, next to the window. Often Stormy is on my lap, watching the world go by with me. I live on a busy street with plenty of traffic. No truck traffic though, which is nice. Lots of buses, cars, delivery vans, police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks. Pedestrians all the time. Things quiet down by midnight though, and then it's much quieter as the buses finish for the night. Sometimes Stormy is curled up in his new basket in the living room, or sprawled along the teddy bear sofa, which he seems to LOVE. No surprise there. Stormy has loved the feel of teddy bear for a while and has assaulted my teddy bear in the past....I'm not quite sure what went on, but teddy looked a little worn in the crotch area...poor guy.


Sometimes Stormy and I have nothing to say to one another. And for both of us that's okay. And we tune into John for a while.

1 comment:

Idiot on a Stick said...

That would be funny if the neighbour actually was listening and then getting surprised to find out you're there alone with a cat.

 
Locations of visitors to this page