Saturday, February 04, 2006

Comfort Movies

Do you have a movie that you like to watch when nothing else seems right, or you just want to curl up on the sofa with a good movie you don't have to pay close attention to because you know ever scene and word. For me, it's Lonesome Dove, all 4 parts. When I hear the opening music, I just feel warm all over. The characters in the movie are comforting, and so interesting. Augustus Macrae is my favorite, played by Robert Duvall. The entire cast is great, each one well picked, and I couldn't imagine anyone else in their place.


I think I have watched the entire series no less than 40 times, I'm sure. It came out in the late eighties as a mini-series on television and I had taped it off from there. I later bought it on VHS and wouldn't part with it for anything (except maybe the DVD collection, heh heh).


What's your comfort movie?

4 comments:

Big Hoser said...

'Fire Maidens From Outer Space" as done by the MST3K guys.

Saw it fo the first time about 15 years ago and have watched it a couple hundred times since.

Dreama said...

never heard of it, but glad you have one...you need comfort in your life...heh heh.

Anonymous said...

LOTR Trilogy. Don't know why, but when I'm in one of my moods I love putting any one of these in the DVD machine.

Dreama said...

You know, I haven't seen any of those movies, but I know many who say the same thing, my friend K. for example. When she wants a familiar movie, this is what she puts on.

Nearly lost it today when one of my Lonesome Dove tapes broke on me...but I took it apart and spliced it, thankfully it was at the very beginning and I didn't lost any of the movie content. I think I will have to eventually get them on DVD as the VHS is wearing out.

 
Locations of visitors to this page