Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oh, The Carwash...

Took my car into a car wash in Yellowknife last week while visiting...that was interesting. It was formerly a coin carwash, but the immigrants who run it found a way to make even more money from me by computerizing the water use, but still offer a shitty car wash. The "soap" function had no soap, and the hose was covered in tar...as was the floor. Some dirty bastard had obviously brought his truck in there and made a fine mess of it. I managed to get it all over both hands, arms, legs, sandals, the pedals of my car, the mat on the driver's seat...you name it. And when I attempted to complain about it to the Asian lady taking my money, her response was "twelve dollah!". Um, what? Your hose is full of grease and I need something to clean it off. "twelve dollah!". Ok lady, LOOK at the grease all over my hands. I am NOT getting back into my car with grease all over me. So she hands me dry paper towels. Like that is gonna work on tar. I couldn't get through to her that it was all over the hose and that she needed to get some cleaner to get the tar off it, and should clean the floor with something. I had tried the spray from the hose, but it didn't do a damn thing to get tar off. Sigh...I miss English.


I went to the carwash to clean my car and came out filthy. Great. I tried everything from wet naps to glass cleaner to armorall to dish liquid to hand soap and finally what took it off was one of my friend K.'s wax remover pads - real oily. Dammit.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page