Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dating Advice

Not that I have anything to say, but my friend K. was in need of some good advice earlier today and she thought of our friend, G. and her sage advice, handed down to her from her mother. I had to call G. to get the whole story, but that's ok, nice to take a chance to chat with an good friend.


There are 3 essential dating questions you should ask when on a first date. The first one is "What are you reading these days?" and not "Do you read books" because if he can't read, don't bother asking questions 2, and 3, and just walk away. Question 2 is how is your mother, and listen to how he speaks of his mother, a good indication of how he will treat a woman he's dating. Question 3 is "How are things at -insert local raunchy bar- ? This would be a good indicator if he drinks too much, or hangs out with a rougher crowd, drug users, etc. For my friend K., it would be "How are things down at the Gold Range"...she knows what I mean...


Her mother also believed that you can tell a lot about a man by his 5 best friends. If he doesn't have 5, no problem, but if he doesn't have any at all, maybe a problem. Similar types are often drawn to each other, so take a look at that too.


The last piece of wisdom considers the chin of a man. "If he has a weak chin, he might not have much courage". Interesting, I see what she means.


So there you have it. Wisdom from the generations. Take from it what you may, and wish my friend K. good luck on her date this week. I hope he can read.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page