Sunday, January 25, 2009

And The Week Rolled On





T'was a good week overall. I managed to get a job, an apartment, and didn't get lost in the commute. I'll be working for the government again, doing a similar job, but with a different population. Good pay, and my office cubicle (yes, I am finally being stuffed into a cubicle...first time since 2001 when I worked for an insurance company). I do however, have a window in my cubicle, and because we are on the 6th floor, I have a view, and within that view, is the harbour and one of the big bridges that crosses the harbour. Cool. My co-workers seem nice enough, and the office tower is located in a mall, so shopping is very convenient...that could also pose a problem as well...too convenient.



My new apartment is the second floor of an old Victorian era house. Quite roomy, with lots of windows. Heat and hot water is included which can be a very huge bonus for sure. I have my own private entrance, with a small deck, perfect for a bbq and a couple of chairs. There are trees in the yard that will shade the house, also perfect as anyone who knows me, know that I do not like the heat. It's a two bedroom, with a very awkwardly shaped kitchen and bathroom - they took one big square room and created two wedge shaped rooms out of it, which works for the purpose, just offers very awkward room shapes.


Shopping for the new apartment is a blast - I sold all my furniture, gave away much of my bed linens, dishes, curtains, etc before I left the north. Now I get to pick it all out again! Hooray! I moved out of an apartment with 3 windows and a door with a little window. Now I have 7 windows and a door with a little window in it. Wicker Emporium has a great sale on now so I picked up a few things. I have put a deposit on the table and chairs shown above, and hope to pick it up on Saturday. I also have my eye on the red chair shown, at Wicker Emporium.

It shall be a fine mess once I start unpacking...41 boxes plus 3 rubbermaid bins, and my car full of stuff, numerous bags of clothing and other items...Stormy will enjoy the empty boxes as usual, and I will enjoy getting rid of them as I unpack. I hope to have a housewarming by the middle of the month, once I am able to get the place furnished enough to have folks over. Let the games begin...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page