Wednesday, January 28, 2009

East Coast Life

So I've been living back on the east coast for over 2 weeks now. I've been working for a week, and move into my own apartment tomorrow night. I can't wait. I've been living out of boxes and suitcases for a couple of months now, and a messy apartment (as I packed) a month before that. Anyone who knows me, understands what that chaos does to me...I've been okay, not too cranky, but I NEED to get unpacked. I don't have a lot of furniture to unpack things into, but I can get started. I have kitchen cupboards, so at least can unpack the kitchen stuff. I also have those shelves in the living room, and 3 closets. I bought a nifty rack at Wicker Emporium for in the bathroom as there is no real vanity, or shelving in there. I still have to get a shower curtain, and am hoping the landlord made sure to get the shower rod re-installed or I shall be bathing...

Tis a wild and windy night here tonight. I had missed the storms of the east coast, and how it felt to be cozy inside while the wind howled outside. I have to work in the morning, so am hoping the rain that is to follow the wind, takes all the snow right back away again. It's freezing rain at the moment, whipping around everywhere. Stormy is somewhat unsettled by the weather, and pacing the floors. He hasn't heard the wind howl like this as we moved up north while he was still a young kitten, and prior to winter. I am very thankful I do not have to be oustide in it!

The job is going well. I was finally assigned some work today, and was thrilled about that. I have been reading policies, procedures, manuals, other peoples work, and attending a plethora of meetings...now I have some actual work to do on my own, and it's been interesting! Tomorrow I am visiting a facility with another worker, and will spend the day there, inspecting.

It's good to be back on the east coast...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page