Friday, September 22, 2006

Aging. Let it be...

I think I got my first grey hair when I was in my mid twenties. I know my daughter was about 5 or 6 because I was in Halifax with my sister, and found it one day when we were driving through the city. I think I screamed. But then I didn't panic because for many years I had just one or two at a time...and I plucked them out. Now in the past year I have begun to resemble a skunk with my white patch down my part...sheesh...and those damn hairs are like wire...


So as many of my friends know, I have dyed my hair for years, in a variety of colors - purple, pink, blue, red, brown, streaked, black, whatever...so I have been able to basically ignore the gray hairs for a while as well...and now I have been allowing my hair to grow and have not colored it since I moved here. Hmmm...so the gray has taken advantage of that...


I did buy a box of hair dye, just simple brown, much like my natural haircolor. That was about 2 months or more ago. Why do I hesitate? Some say their grey hairs are hard earned...other's say they are a sign of high stress in your life...sometimes I think you are just going to go grey, whatever. In any event, I am still trying to decide if I am going to use that hair dye or let things be as they may...or in the words of Paul McCartney "Let it be"...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page