Monday, September 18, 2006

Another Monday Nearly Crushed

Boomtown Rats weren't the only ones who didn't like Mondays...I am a member of that club. For whatever reason, it makes me feel like I am 3 hours premenstrual...which means my hormones are all over the place. And I feel like a raving lunatic sometimes...but aren't women allotted that occasional lapse in sanity, after having to go through that joyful adventure once a month...not to mention the whole childbirth ordeal. ugh.


And speaking of children...spending the day in a car with two of these sneezing darlings (belonging to my friend R.) has somehow provided me with a lovely case of the common cold. Ahhhhchoooo...


They are also days for small annoyances...like the dumb fuck in a truck ahead of me this morning insisted on driving 60kms in the 90km Alaska Highway. I only have enough time to get through the drivethru at Tim Horton's before getting to work before getting to work. This morning I was nearly late for work, and I didn't even go to Timmy's.


Then there was the always nerve wracking job interview. Pure punishment. I can never come across how I want by a phone interview...I need non-verbal cues! I think I did okay in the written part, even if it was so much like writing a university exam...I already graduated and have my degrees, so I don't understand why I have to prove that again. The interview questions were fair enough, but I think I bumbled through a couple of them. It was hard to concentrate after the hormonal episode earlier today, and the pressure of GETTING A JOB rattled me a little.


Sigh...and life goes on. One of my favorite episodes of Friends is on tonight - where Adam Goldberg is guest starring as Chandler's crazy roommate. So today doesn't totally suck...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page