Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fun In Yahoo Games

So I was on Yahoo Games today to play a few hands of gin while the laundry was going...I typically play in a social room, hoping to catch some interesting chat, and occasionally I do make an online friend that I play with regularly. Today was not that day. I don't understand why people choose a social room to play in and then won't even respond to a simple hello. Rude, that's what it is. No, I take that back, rude was the next asshole I played with. His opening comment was "Are we having a sober day?"...I knew we were headed downhill from there...


This psychopath/chosen one began telling me that it is important to be sober, which I can understand, no biggie, particularly for recovering alcoholics...I can sympathize...but I was interested in where he was coming from - recovering user or bible thumper or both. So then he tells me that not being sober nearly killed him earlier this year. So I figure, ok, he's been in a car crash, drunk driving likely, because he said no one had ever survived an accident like his before. Wanting to play devil's advocate, as it seemed clear he was out to make a statement about something or fishing for sympathy, not simply chat and play cards, particularly by opening with such a bold statement. So then I asked him whose information that was (that he is the only one to ever survive an accident like that - it just sounded like such an american self-centred thing to say. Maybe he is just grateful to be alive and wants to spread the word...who knows...


then it got fucked up...he said he wasn't basing it on anyone's information...so I prodded again - then how can you make such a blanket statement. So then he says it was meant to happen to him, he is the chosen one...WTF? So I simply said, ok man, you are starting to weird me out and sound like a fanatic. To which he replied "who gives a fuck". Then I knew...TROLL. so I told him to leave my room and he refused, and told me to leave. I wanted to boot him out, but it was a rated game and the program wouldn't let me...dammit...I could have stayed in and really razzed him up, but I spend enough of my time confronting angry people that I just didn't want to get into it with him when he was clearly looking for a fight. So I left...fuck him. Maybe that's his game...get into a game, piss someone off so they leave and forfeit the game...


So I am off to Pogo...they are usually more social there...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page