Thursday, January 17, 2008

Oh The Idiocy Of It All

I thought I might attempt to put up the last of what I have to go on the walls tonight, which are some 4 inch tall painted wooden letters that spell out words I wanted on the walls. Off I go with measuring tape and pencil in hand to make sure they end up on straight, and well spaced on the chosen wall. I'm not real tall at 5'4" so took my trusty plastic Rubbermaid stool with me, thinking I would not need the height of a chair. After some initial measurements, I shuffled around on the stool, and before I knew it, BAM CRASH BANG OH FUCK THE PAIN! My foot had managed to bust its way through the centre of the stool. I think it was because I generally don't centre my weight on the weakest part (the centre), usually choosing to hover at the edges where the weight bearing legs are. Tonight I did not. My foot went through the stool to the floor. Given that the stools are not that wide, and my foot is an average size 8, my toes did not wish to go with the rest of the foot. Instead they chose to hang up on the jagged edges of plastic created by the foot.


After the howling, whimpering and whining stopped, I checked out the damage and noticed blood was pouring from 4 places...two spots between my middle and next smallest toes (one was a rather deep gash) a spot on the outer edge of my baby toe, and a spot on the back of my ankle, on the achilles tendon, along with a scrape on the outer edge of my ankle. Three bandaids later, and I was back to work, standing on a wooden chair instead. The stool is toast...


And oh the irony of it all...the letters for the wall? They spell PEACE, HOPE, and LOVE...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page