Sunday, January 07, 2007

Hum Drum

I haven't posted in a few days, and now I am left without inspiration...what to write, what to write...randome tidbits I reckon for today...

  • Stormy had a nocturnal night last night...playing at 4am did not impress me...
  • the next door neighbor seems to have an endless supply of gas...anytime I look next door, the truck is in the driveway, running. And on Sundays, he likes to run his skidoo for an hour or so. Today he had trouble with it, so there was a lot of starts before it began running.
  • the puzzle I started over Christmas is still sitting on the table, partially done...actually, that makes it sound like I have been working on it. I did the outside edge, and a little in the corner, and the sky...now I'm bored and frustrated with it...too much of the same colors. ugh. I have a funny feeling it will be going back into the box...
  • I was sewing for the first time in my "sewing room" yesterday. Made a pair of pillowcases. Try as I might, I could not find king size pillowcases in Yellowknife, not without buying king size sheets. Which I don't need. I have big pillows, but a double bed, and the standard/queen pillowcases barely cover the pillow, with the ends not folding over at all, so was forced to make my own. Now I'm almost inspired to get back into sewing again...there are certainly enough unfinished projects in there...
  • I'm taking a break from knitting...my hands won't cooperate so it has become time to put it away for a while. I think I might get out my cross-stitch to work on while watching telly...I gotta have something to keep the snacking down...I just hope I can hold the fabric and needle. My hands go numb or tingly, or I just can't grip things...so will see how that works out.
  • I think today will be spent much like yesterday...watching television and playing cards online. It's frosty out, about -23C and I have nothing calling me out of the house, other than perhaps a short afternoon walk. Brrrrr.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page