Sunday, May 11, 2008

Henry's Grand Adventure


So the weather has been warmer lately and I let the kitties out onto the balcony, leaving the door open so they can come and go, sun themselves, and get some fresh air, a change of scenery. I was sitting nearby on the phone with my friend M. from back east, and all of a sudden I heard the scrabble of nails on wood...I saw Stormy, so I knew Henry was the one who had likely fallen off. I dropped the phone and ran out, and saw Henry on the ground. I only live on the second floor, thankfully, but I think it scared the shit out of just the same. I'm sure he thought to himself "I'm screwed now"...


So I hung up quickly with my friend and took off in my sneakers and nightgown...down the stairs, out to the street and around the back of the building. I didn't see him at first, and feared he had run into the woods, where I would then have to chase him in my sneakers and nightgown. I saw him a moment later, running for someone's balcony. I dodged up on the balcony and he came over to me, looking somewhat shellshocked...poor little guy...I carried him back upstairs and shut the door, after taking Stormy back in from the balcony as well. Balcony privileges have been revoked...


What an adventure for him. I wonder if he and Stormy share their stories...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page