Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorable TV Character Moments

Harvey Korman died today. I remember him well from The Carol Burnett Show. They were friggin hilarious. My favorite tv moment on this show was when Carol dressed up as Scarlett O'Hara in her green velvet dress made from the curtains...with the curtain rod left in. I ROARED!!! And Harvy was Rhett Butler...funny as shit...and now he's gone. Rest in Peace, Harvey...


Other memorable tv moments for me are...

  • when Radar gave Col. Potter a horse for his birthday on M*A*S*H...Sherm teared up in that scene...
  • when Pamela Ewing woke up, and it was all a dream. I recall not being particularly happy abotu that, as did most fans...
  • when Grace meets the only woman Will ever slept with on Will and Grace...the entire episode was killer funny...everyone had great lines in that episode.
  • the boyfriend cleansing ritual episode on Friends...
  • when Mark Greene dies on ER...sad as hell...
  • when Les Nessman gets attacked by live turkeys...he thought they could fly...WKRP came out on DVD and when I watched the first season I laughed all over again

and so on...

1 comment:

Big Hoser said...

Ah, M*A*S*H. When Col. Blake died and Radar came in to tell everyone the news... one of my all-time favorite scenes and still chokes me up to this day.

As for WKRP, the best part about the episode is Carlson in his office... "I honestly thought turkeys could fly."


Another all-time favorite moment --and more recent-- was from Scrubs when Turk has a very naughty dream about Eliot (wearing a very, VERY naughty nurse's outfit) and as she climbs over him, she says "This will only hurt a little." then he wakes up on the couch to see Eliot beside him on one side and his wife on the other. True to life, he screams. :)

My favorite Harvey Korman moment is the dentist's office. Not surprising he could never keep a straight face with Tim Conway around. At one job I had, I needed to speak in public every once in a while and my loving co-workers decided to "pull a Korman" on me and make me laugh each time. It worked. They used mirrors, jokes, swear words... it always worked.

~HH.

 
Locations of visitors to this page