Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Crapped Out

So to speak. I choked down 5 bottles of the lemon mix, the cayenne tablets, the senna, and followed that up with two giant size slices of pizza...yeah, pizza. I lasted until about 7:15pm. I rethought the whole idea and decided it was not the right time or cleanse for my particular body. With my fibromyalgia, bursitis, and knack this year for getting colds (5 so far!!!) I didn't feel I needed to tempt fate further by compromising my immune system with 10 days without eating. Granted, eating pizza is not particularly healthy...so my new plan is to buy more healthy foods when I go grocery shopping this Friday, and just eat healthy, get on the treadmill regularly, and just take better general care of myself instead. Let's see how that plan works.


And how did I feel today? Well, I managed the drinks well enough, but about 2pm my stomach started to roll, rather, LURCH as it all churned around down there, and because my bursitis was so bad this morning, I ended up taking some Tylenol and ibuprofen for it (it's the only over the counter combo that works) and the ibuprofen is likely what contributed to the lurch. I also have a pounding headache, which is normal for caffeine withdrawal, except I don't drink tea or coffee, and am not addicted to Coke or Pepsi (like my sis).


So there you have it. Master Cleanse - 1, Me - 0.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried a cleanse once (http://www.idiotonastick.com/talk/?p=1163) but it was one you bought and you just had to take it along with your food, you didn't have to change your entire eating habits.

And supposedly you'd lose weight from all the toxins exiting your body but I don't remember losing any weight from it.

All in all, it may have been a waste of $150, although I did have the pleasure of knowing that I'd get to go to the bathroom every day and maybe? I was doing something good for my body.

 
Locations of visitors to this page