Saturday, January 07, 2006

Beware the Weak Stomach

So I warned you.


Saturday is typically cleaning day for me and since I work full time, I save up most dirty chores for the weekend, including cleaning cat litter, leftovers in the fridge, the bathroom, the garbage, and often times, dirty dishes.


Today was no exception. I began with cleaning out the leftovers, including the turkey dinner ones from December 26th...I know, it's been a frightful many days ago, but I knew that once I cleaned it out, I had to make a trip to the dump on the same day, and that's not always easy. They are only open the same hours as I work, basically, but are also open on weekends. So, by the time I got to dumping the "cuddins" as my SIL M. used to call them (what you cuddin' eat 'afore), things smelled less than pleasant. The vegetables weren't bad, and oddly, neither was the gravy, but the turkey was quite rank...


Following the cuddins, I moved on to the garbage. And since I recycle and burn what I can, I don't tend to have a lot of kitchen trash, but then it ends up staying in the bag longer...at the bottom was the wrapping from the turkey before cooking, the various and assorted entrails they feel they need to include, but I never eat, and the neck. It's been nearly two weeks, so they are good and ripe too, and unfortunately, dripping from the bottom. Great. Now I have to double bag as I have to take the trash to the dump in the backseat as the trunk of the government car is full of carseats. Then the trash bin needs to be scoured and it takes three washes with Mr Clean to come close to erasing the putrid odor of spoiled food.


ok, on to the cat litter trays. My LEAST favorite task in the whole house. So what is it with males anyhow? Tom cats and male humans seem to make 10 times the mess women and female felines do. I rarely had much mess to clean with just Via, a quick dump and swish and things were sparkling again. And I had her for 8 years and she was very consistently tidy. Um, Stormy is a fucking pig. There are piles and piles of uncovered messes, and he has it all up the sides, edges, floor in front, and so on. What a pig. I think I need to just stop feeding him.


So, an hour or so later, that chore is done. On to the bathroom. Well, I have been growing my hair out this past year...going from near brushcut to long past my shoulders now. And either I am losing more hair or the fact that it is longer makes it look like that. In any event, the bathtub drain is clogged with it. I grab on and begin pulling, and pulling, and pulling. EEEEEEWWWWW. And there seems to be a slow drain there anyhow, so the soap scum from showering and the hair are all matted to the drain area, and need to be scrubbed. Gross, I know, but I am often dressed and out of the house before the bathtub is drained, so what can I do...I think I need some drain cleaner.


So, there you have it, Saturday chores are almost done. I only have to load up the car and make a trip to the dump. There is no curbside service here, so it is a pain in the ass, but thankfully I don't have much trash...it is mostly kitty litter.


ugh, puke, arrrghhhhh.

2 comments:

Immodesty Blaze said...

Omg. Time to have some kids so someone else can do the dirty work ;o)

Dreama said...

been there, done THAT and it didn't help much...there were times when even the cat couldn't stand it...so I had to go back to doing it myself. Now the kid has grown up and moved out, and has her own kitties to clean up after.

 
Locations of visitors to this page