Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thirteen Things about Jude

  1. I graduated the first year they introduced Grade 12 in Newfoundland (now Newfoundland and Labrador). My brother was a year behind me for so many years and then was able to graduate in grade 11...not fair!
  2. I was married for 14 LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG years. And divorced for over 5 glorious years.
  3. I have a chipped tooth from trying to upright a parking lot chain post. Stupid kid.
  4. I hope to someday live in a castle in Ireland. That would be my ultimate...and if there is an available prince somewhere to shag shack up with, even better.
  5. I have never seen cocaine in person. I have however, known too many people who abuse it.
  6. I used to stage little plays in my back yard on the picnic table and charge my friends to see it. What a cliche...
  7. It was my childhood friend, Gisele, who first taught me the F-word. I can even remember where we were...swinging on my dad's canvas hammocks.
  8. My sex talk with my mother consisted of a stack of booklets under my pillow. She came back a week later and asked me if I read them and told me there was a box in the closet for me.
  9. I once picked neighborhood flowers and then tried to sell them door to door. I was 3 and I remember it. I think I also tried to sell rocks I had found in the yard.
  10. My first computer was a Packard Bell 486 with Windows 3.1.
  11. My grandmother taught me to sew and bought me my first sewing machine from the Eaton's catalogue for my tenth birthday. I still sew all the time, thanks to my grandmother's inspiration, and I now have 3 sewing machines including the old hand crank one she taught me how to sew on.
  12. My first new bicycle was a blue one with a bananna seat and streamers on the handlebars. My father tried to get me on the old 8mm video cameras (without sound) and I couldn't get going on my own.
  13. I trashed my Toyota Camry on Friday the 13th, 2000. Tomorrow is another Friday 13th and this year I have a black cat that I adopted last year on Friday 13th of May.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page