Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Carnation Milk

from my dad this morning...


A little old lady from Newfoundland had worked in and around
her family dairy farms since she was old enough to walk, with
hours of hard work and little compensation. When canned
Carnation Milk became available in grocery stores around the
1940's, she read an advertisement offering $5,000 for the best
slogan. The producers wanted a rhyme beginning with
"Carnation Milk is best of all...."She thought to herself, I know all about milk and dairy farms...
I can do this!She sent in her entry, and about a week later, a black limo
drove up in front of her house.. a man got out and said,
"Carnation LOVED your entry so much, we are here to award
you $1000, even though we will not be able to use it.."

THE PICTURE BELOW WITH THE RHYME WAS HER ENTRY.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Dreama,
I want to invite you to join a Yahoo Dreamas Group. We now have 28 members; pretty good for a group of Dreamas who have rarely had the opportunity to shared their name! We know there are a lot more Dreamas out there. If you are getting other invitations, it means we are duplicating because we are unclear about which "Dreama" you are. What an unexpected issue! I'm a rather new member. If you want more information, please contact me at Dreama@Dreama.com.

Anonymous said...

AND...I love your kitty beds and have a number of rescue kitties who would love them too. I actually purchased some similar "fake sheepskin cup beds" but they don't have your panache. {None the less, my cats still love them.} Maybe you can tell me how you did them. I quilt, but am lost on a sewing machine.

Dreama said...

the kitty beds were actually pretty simple. I sewed heavy cotton on the one side, fake sheepskin on the other, and put a square of batting inbetween, then sewed it up like a very flat pillow (right sides together, left an opening, turned and then closed opening). Then I gathered each corner to make a bit of a lip and tied it off with some ribbon. The cats absolutely adore them and sleep in them every day now. Because I did not quilt them, I will likely just put a few safety pins through all layers to hold the batting during a wash. Good luck!

Dreama said...

oh, about the dreama thing, I am not actually a dreama, it is just an email address and login name I use frequently. thanks for the invite though, I have been invited a number of times now by other dreamas!

 
Locations of visitors to this page