Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm Surrounded By Idiots

I posted this over on my other blog, but thought it might be worthy of a double post, I ripped part of my fingernail off right before she called, so I am doubly pissy tonight, har de har.


Student Loans. Those two words can cause a major eruption in living rooms across Canada as past and present borrowers shout obscenities about their issues with any financial institution funding student loans.


I have a few for them myself.


And today they choose to aggravate me once again. Last week on March 1st I contacted CIBC Student Loan Centre to get the amount of interest I paid so I could finish my taxes, and to increase the amount I pay. After all, that's why I moved here so I can pay off my student loans faster and get them the hell out of my life. Today missy called and began with a series of questions, and I stopped her and asked her why she was calling, and refused to tell me why she was calling until after she got the answers to her "security questions". Then I told her that I was not comfortable giving her any information because I know that there is no reason for them to call me because I JUST spoke to them last week and updated everything for them, I know that my payment went through because I saw it come out of my bank account online two weeks ago, and the increase was to be for the 15th of this month, which is OBVIOUSLY not here yet, so WHY ARE YOU CALLING? I have no other product with you, and if you think you can talk me into another credit card, you can fuck off. (I didn't actually say those last few words, but the rest I did). She still refused to budge, and continued with the questions. Fine. Ask me the damn security questions, which are typically my current phone number and address, and my birthdate. Then she continues on with questions like am I currently working, what is my work number, etc and she finally got to the reason she was calling. She proceeds to tell me that I am overdue for my last payment of $$$ amount, which was the new amount I had just increased it to. And she tells me it was overdue from February 28th. Um, no hun. Look, how can I be overdue on an amount that was not put into effect until the day after you already took out the correct amount, of which I have proof on my bank statement that it went through. Take my word for it, you are calling in error. For one, you can't take more money out of my account without my permission, so obviously I know when the amount increased and to how much. So she checked her system for when I called in last and saw that I had called on March 1st and STILL didn't believe me. Put me on hold. bitch.


She came back and got a few words out, "Sorry to keep you waiting, now I" and she put me on hold again, for even longer! bitch.


Then she finally came back and informed me that my payment was not actually overdue, and proceeded to tell me why. Um, you stupid bitch. I just told you that. (I didn't really call her a bitch), but I did tell her that she should have simply taken my word for it in the first place, since it was obvious that I had made the change to my account, not them, since they can't. And then I asked her why she couldn't just tell me what she was calling about in the first place before she got into all the stupid verification questions. I can understand the security ones, but to ask me if I am currently working is not exactly a security question, dumbass. (again, I didn't call her names, I don't do that) and I told her that if she could have told me why she was calling in the first place and cut the shit, I could have hung up on her earlier because I have better things to do than defend myself to you.


My question is, how is it that she had the information that my payment amount had been changed, but not when it changed?


Yes, I do have to speed up paying off my loans because I don't see those idiot calls ending anytime soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.canadastudentdebt.ca

Dreama said...

Of course, the saga can't be over. Today I got a letter stating they had rewritten my loan for the new amount, which was fine...and the date - they didn't change. It was still slated for the same date. OK, breathe...call them back again, she tells me that it doesn't say that in the system, it says the new date I had given them. Ok. Then she confirms that I have 104 payments left...my letter says 103, so I ask WTF? It appears that the interest rate went up today, so they increased my number of payments to reflect the increase in the intereest rate. It's not a full payment though, just partial for what little is over. Ok, phew. Not another problem...and she didn't ask me all those stupid questions the other gal did. Name, birthdate, and address. That's it. No phone number, workplace, or anything else. She simply asked me if there was a change in my contact information. No. And then was ready to go. She ended the call with, so everything looks correct now...famous last words...

 
Locations of visitors to this page