Sunday, March 26, 2006

You May Have Heard It From There

a resounding FUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Picture it...I was just getting ready for bed, got me some movies and my laptop, had just settled in when one of my sister's cats pushed the door wide open. I didn't want to wake the kids, so got up to push the door closed and slip....my laptop slipped off to the carpeted floor from the bed. Just a short fall, a foot or so, but in its open position...it is now broken. FUCK. It is either the video card or the screen or both. And I was too cheap at the time to buy the complete care warranty. However, I did call tech tonight and was informed that I can upgrade to complete care with Dell (price yet unknown, but likely between $100-300 (1-3 years) for unlimited breakage. The alternative is about $700 in repairs. FUCK. And they're not open tonight to upgrade, only tech is open 24/7.


The good news, if there is any, is that I can upgrade tomorrow, call back to tech and get a box shipped out by next day courier, and have it sent out by Wednesday, and they promised me returned in 7-10 business days. So I'll be without a home puter for a couple of weeks. Whatever shall I do with my time. I have plenty to keep me busy, I am just sick about the fucking computer and my own stupidity. Of course, my sister thought it would be helpful to say AFTER the fact..."well, I was going to ask you why you had your computer on the edge of the bed..."


I wasn't expecting the bed to be so bouncy...when I got up, it bounced the puter to the floor, and it landed on the corner at an angle, near the hinge. FUCK. If it fell closed, it would probably be fine...but oh no, that is not my luck.


anyhow, I am going to go cry into my pillow...its not enough I feel like crap from a rotten stinking cold I came down with, now I have broken my beloved Dell. That will teach me to be so materialistic...sigh...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page