Friday, March 31, 2006

If You Don't Know Me...

then stop leaving me messages. Since moving to the Yukon, I’ve gotten a number of wrong numbers. I can understand that, it happens, and I have certainly done that, dialed wrong and got someone else. However, I don’t think I have ever left a message on voicemail I don’t recognize. I’ve been visiting my sister in BC this week and just phoned home last night to check voicemail, and had three messages from people I don’t know who thought they were leaving it for someone else. One guy in particular even called back and left a second voicemail. They all sounded important, with information about times, dates, when someone is to be picked up, and don’t forget to’s…little do they know that their message wasn’t left where they think they left it. I don’t understand why people would leave voicemail when they clearly don’t recognize the voice on the announcing message. So I have decided to change mine when I get home. (My voice is much too raspy right now to bother, as I have a rotten chest cold and sound like Martha Rae) If you call my house, you will soon hear “You have reached Jude’s voicemail. If you don’t know who I am, then please do not leave a message”. Capice?


And then there was the drunken lady who called a couple of months ago and left quite a lengthy voicemail for someone and she made little sense. If I could figure out how to post a .wav file to Blogger, I’d post it here, as I recorded it, just for laughs.


So remember, if you don’t know me, don’t call my house and leave me a lengthy voicemail. I’ll just laugh my ass off, and ridicule you here. And whoever you thought was going to pick you up isn’t coming…

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page