Thursday, March 23, 2006

Vacation Starts Tomorrow!

Never mind the fact that I'm not going anywhere tropical or exotic...going to Northern BC from the Yukon is a treat in that I am not going to be working in child welfare for a week!!! I'll be surrounded by average folks without crack-cocaine issues, domestic violence, or the filthy living condition (unless my sister's housekeeping has REALLY deteriorated). I'm to spend a week with my nephews, my sister and my brother-in-law. I forsee games of cards, the uncerimonious previewing of movies, and walks on sunny days with the children. I am hoping for a few quiet moments here and there to read a little. It's funny, I do more reading when on vacation, even in exotic locales, than I do at home, and at home is where I have the most time. I'm not sure why that is...


All I know is at 5pm tomorrow, I shall be heading south for my 1300kms+ journey via the Alaska Highway, the Stewart-Cassiar Highway, and then I finish up on the Yellowhead Trans-Canada Highway. I'll be taking some pics, but look for them on my other blog, Great Northern Adventures (or Not) so take a peek there by Sunday and you should see something up, if I can get some net time...back to dial-up for a bit...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page