Saturday, June 03, 2006

Dances With Wolves


Who first? Stormy, Via, and McGee are all on the list to be booted outside to dance with the wolves, bears, coyotes, eagles...whatever. Last night they decided it was time to tear around the house the moment the lights were turned out. I know there is still some daylight due to living in the north, but these little bastards should know by now that when we're in bed, with our heads on our pillows, that this is the cue for them to settle down. Apparently they are cueless...up and down the fucking stairs they went, up and over both beds, in and out of the closet, up and down off the railings, through the Sideshow Bob fern, and around and around we go...after about an hour of this and the inner bitch in me coming out, they finally gave it up and settled in for the night. If only that was the end...


5:30am this morning they are up and at it again...this time it is just Stormy and McGee...same thing, up and over, up and down, around and around...however Via was no innocent...she took to rubbing plastic with her nose, which she knows DRIVES ME CRAZY! In this small cabin, there is nowhere she will go to do it where I won't hear her, particularly since I live in the quiet of the country. So after putting up with just so much again, and firing off all of my reading material at them (Reader's Digest travels well) I finally had to get up and scream and holler at them to settle the fuck down. Then I am too wound up to sleep again, so get out my laptop to do some browsing and reading. I begin to get sleepy, so position my laptop on a pillow next to me and read, fearing I'll fall asleep and let it slide (I know, a book would have been much easier but I am too rotten to look at by then). I end up falling asleep and dreaming that I dropped my laptop once again, cracking the screen and jolt awake only to discover it nestled right next to me, unharmed. This is enough prompting to get me up and out of bed with it to place it safely downstairs on the table.


So here I sit, writing this post and Stormy has the nerve to jump up for a cuddle...two words fat boy...fuck off...


Now, don't get me wrong, I love my kitties something fierce, but there are times when they try my patience...their only saving grace is that they don't talk back to me.


I feel a nap is in my afternoon agenda...sigh...

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

So, it wasn't work getting your blood pressure up? ;)

Dreama said...

touchy subject...things were quiet at night until McGee entered the scene...he is very nocturnal and loves to play at night. Last night I heard them at the cupboards and found McGee sitting inside one of them with Stormy trying to either open or close the door on him...it looked like they were playing hide and seek...about an hour later they were doing the same thing with a cardboard box...not much sleep was to be had last night so I didn't arise until the unsightly hour of 11am, which is very unusual for me! McGee's mistress is still sleeping it off. I had to search out earplugs to get some sleep and she is too cranky now to do so.

 
Locations of visitors to this page