Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hoarding Kitties, Gardening and Baiting the Fox

Well, I found cat food in my bed yesterday, just a scrap, but there it was, in all it's crumbly glory. We ran out of cat food on Monday and I didn't get home with it for a few hours as I had a couple of appointments in town, so the cats were crawling all over Amber while I was in town, begging for catfood. I reckon they're hoarding now incase their selfish owner runs out of food again and leaves them without for 3 or 4 hours, the poor starved felines...(though you'd never know by looking at the portly Stormy and McGee).


And now Amber has fashioned McGee a harness so she could take him outside while she gardened for me tonight. We visited the organic farm's garden centre in town today and picked up some truly fantastic flowers. Take a look at what Amber is busy potting in the backyard for our garden...she also thought it would be fun to take McGee out with her and parade him around with a harness she fashioned out of yarn, a bandanna, and the strap from her video camera...(sigh) but he wriggled out and moments after she brought him back in, the fox pictured here showed up and retraced McGee's scent...so I told her not to take him out again as the animals can clearly smell him!

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page