Saturday, June 24, 2006

New Look For The Weekend

Well, I went out tonight, which was great for a change. I went with some friends from work, and a few of their friends, which was also groovy. There were tales of night out in the past, um. What a bunch of drunks...heh heh...just kidding guys. Anyhow, what was cool about it was that I went to the same school at one point in my life as did 3 of these people, and with yet another, I knew a lot of the same people...and we are all in the Yukon together. L.'s wife, A. was also a military brat, and lived at one time in Chatham, NB as did I. Two of L.s friends who were brothers, were from Goose Bay, NL and graduated from the same high school that I did, which was very strange. I hadn't met anyone since graduating who had ever gone to that school in Labrador, and had only minimal contact with ONE friend that I graduated with. And I graduated with an aunt of the boys from Labrador. And then L. is from close by to where I lived at one time in Newfoundland, and we knew a lot of the same folks from that area. It is a small world for sure.


We ordered pizza from Pizza Hut while we were at the bar, which was weird. Some bars south of here are so uptight about you bringing even a chocolate bar in with you, and we had the pizza guy deliver to our table in this busy bar! I like the Yukon.


So we left the bar and headed down to the Sunstroke Festival at the Shipyards Park. I had to meet A. at her place of work, so only stayed a short time. The music was ok, and the crowd was quite young. I didn't stay long when I returned with A. as we then headed back to the bar for a few more drinks. I didn't have anymore as I was to be the DD when we finally headed home hours later. It was weird...the sun was still up while we were at the bar...it just went down shortly before we left, but only just so...it is still light out a 1:13am. They days begin to get shorter now, and I wonder if they will turn as fast as they got light...stay tuned...

So I have made some changes to my template and am working on it still, hopefully finishing this weekend. I hate renovations...very time consuming, but they are nice when finished...comments anyone?

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page