Sunday, August 27, 2006

Black Sabbath Saves The Day

As I was getting ready for my trip to town today, I went rooting for a bandanna...anyone who knows me, knows that I have tons of them in all colors and styles. My oldest one is a plain black one with Black Sabbath printed all over it in white. It is also one of my favorites but I don't wear it to work, so look forward to sporting it outside of work...only I couldn't find it at the time, so put on a different one. This happened to be a wise decision as I found myself at the cardboard boat race that I soon found out was organized by the Latter Day Saints...it was all Elder this, and Elder that...I stood out enough as it is, since everyone else seemed to know one another, but sporting a bandanna screaming Black Sabbath would have certainly been a topic of conversation among these folks...


Then I found myself in town tonight at the going away part of an gay fellow. He used to be support staff at the agency I work at and is moving to New Brunswick. I had heard there would be Karaoke, but thought it was only for the first part of the night...um...no. I'm not a fan of karoke in the best of times, but knowing I was driving home and limiting myself to 2 beers for the night, I was not near drunk enough (at all actually on the one beer I drank) to sit through queen after queen crooning out the oldies...although someone did pull off a great rendition of an Elton John song that I quite enjoyed, along with "It's Raining Men" in falsetto...it was actually the girls that got up and crashed their way through a song that finally drove me out.


So I was on my way home, and those who know me, know I am a little heavy on the pedal...and there was all this open road in front of me, not a camper in sight...but Black Sabbath came on the stereo, War Pigs - and knowing it was a long one and wanting to be driving for the entire song, I slowed to just around the speed limit. And in a spot where I usually am not behaving, the only other car on the road was the RCMP, going in the other direction. Black Sabbath likely saved me from a very costly ticket...thanks guys...


It was interesting to finally drive my car in the night for the first time and see how the dash lights up. With daylight most all night, I hadn't had the opportunity, but the days are quickly getting shorty and it is now dark and stars are out for several hours. The dash lights are groovy, with the entire stereo lighting up where it needs to be, such as a little bar of light on either side of the cd slot to guide you in, the eject is lit up, and there is even a ring of light around the cigarette lighter...not that I use it, but I do use the outlet.


now for some more Black Sabbath...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page