Tuesday, August 08, 2006

East Coast Connection

Well, I am impressed...I have been lucky enough to connect with four of my friends from back east this week so far...with the time difference between us, they are often in bed by the time I get home and settled in enough to make calls, and all of us are often busy on weekends. G. is still tormenting me about renting a camper to drive here in from Edmonton. I had three in front of me on the way to work today, driving at about 45km/hr most of the way. sigh...


G. and I were talking about how the days are already noticably cooler and shorter. We almost get black night now, I can see the evening star at least. I still wear my sleep mask though as the sunrise is early enough to wake me up (I don't have any curtains in the house, just two blinds in my sleeping space, but I am in a loft open to the rest of the house). I will be glad to shed it though and sleep with naked eyes...


I've been less homesick lately...it has been raining for days(I moved here from the east coast) For an arid region, things are getting soggy this month so far. I want SUN! It doesn't need to be hot, just some sunny days to sit out in the above zero temperatures before the frost sets in again. I've been told that snow on Labour Day weekend is not unusal, particularly on the mountain tops. I'll be sure to take photos.


And that is all I have to say about that.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page