Friday, August 25, 2006

Fridays Aren't Supposed To Suck

I normally love Fridays. They are the end of the work week, and the whole weekend stretches out before you, with the knowledge that Monday is still three days away, still out of sight.


Then I got out of bed.


I hung up on a client today, because he picked a fight with me, and I wasn't willing to give him the audience he was looking for with his rant. It had been documented enough already by 2 other provinces...anyhow...I never enjoy it when I am forced to get heavy with a client, so that set the mood for the day.


I had to call two call centres today, which is NEVER fun. Royal Bank was one of them, and those fucking voice activated menus drove me to the brink, so more expletives...too bad they don't recognize those...instead they mock you with "I'm sorry I didn't understand you, could you please repeat again"...arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh! Dell was the other and surprisingly it went well. Real shocker. So my mood lifted again.


Then I got an letter back from an agency I applied for a job with stating that they do not currently have any openings. Dammit.


So I left work for an eye appointment. I wasn't going to take my car and walk instead, but someone came into my office and talked too long about a case, so I was late to leave and had to drive to the appointment, and pay for parking...the closest zone was only 1 hour with meter, so I filled the meter and then hurried into my appointment, where I was just barely on time at 3:30pm. They were dilating today, so I had to be on time, as it takes a while and I asked for the latest appt they could give. I paid for my appointment at 4:30pm. My parking ticket was printed at 4:32pm. I didn't know this when I first glanced at it and cursed a blue streak yet again today at that parking bastard who haunts me downtown, searching out my car. When I noticed the time on it later, I am sure he was in hearing distance from me, likely only a car or two over...GOOD. I hope he heard me today. Parking is outrageous in places. There is tons of spots, so everyone can easily find one, but you have to pay for them all and they are mostly time limited, meaning you have to watch the time instead of focus on why you are downtown. Like my eye appointment. I thought about going out to feed the meter, but I was having my damned eyes dilated, and was a little incapacitated at the time. Fucker. At least it was for just $10, instead of the damn $25 one from last week...


Driving home was interesting...definitely couldn't stare into any headlights or I was in danger of tripping out...I could still read signs easy enough and had no problem seeing enough to drive...although many would recommend waiting before driving I reckon. Anyhow, got stuck behind a huge truck today, one of those WIDE LOAD ones that creeps along at least 20kms under the speed limit...sigh...at least it wasn't a camper. They seem to be thinning out as the cold creeps in.


It was good to finally get home and be alone with the felines. Let the GOOD part of Friday begin...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page