Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hack, Cough, Snort

I hate being sick. Perfect timing too, my first day on the job was today and I was too sick to stay. Rather, it was encouraged that I go home to recoup (and not spread germs – I agree!) so I came home. Did I mention that I hate being sick? At least I have cable, but it sure would be nice to have net access at home too, but I am lucky to have a bed at all, with accommodations being so scarce here in the hamlet.


Good thing I stocked up on cold meds…too bad they don’t seem to be working at all. I haven’t tried the Neo Citran yet though, so perhaps that is next. I’ve already been through some Buckley’s caplets, and some Life Brand Cold and Flu. I’ve lost count of the Halls cough drops…hack, cough, hack.


At least the kitties are enjoying having me loll about here in the motel room. I wish I could control the heat though, as I have to continuously open and close the window to do so, and at –25C, it doesn’t take long to cool off, but then the furnace cuts in and it is sweltering. There doesn’t seem to be a thermostat in sight, so who knows where the actual control is.


I would like to have attended the candlelight vigil this afternoon in the Band Council chambers, however I don’t think they would appreciate the coughing and hacking, infecting everyone with my germs, particularly when I might be one of only two white folks there. That’s all I need for a first impression – white social worker infects entire band council with outside germs…it might be too late for some anyhow, since I was introduced around today, and shook a lot of hands. I tried not to cough into my shaking hand, but it isn’t always easy when one is racked with spasms of coughing. Ick.


Silver lining – making some real progress on the afghan I’m making as a wedding preset for my brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law. I hope I don’t run out of yarn, as there is not much to do about this, although I could go to Hay River, an hour and a half away. I might be going on the weekend if my cold has cleared some by then, as I need to pick up a gift of about $25 for the staff Christmas party, and I don’t have a thing here to use. I may just do a gift bag of goodies, as I know no-one really.


ok, back to the coughing and hacking.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page