Sunday, December 31, 2006

Chillin' With Dick on New Year's Eve

I haven't seen any sign of Dick yet, but his annual New Year's Rockin Eve is on, and the music hasn't been terrible...there is more yet to come...earlier I watched Charlie Brown's New Year's Eve...poor fella missed out on the little red haired girl...again.


so there I was, on the sofa, watching Dick, having scored some milk and home made fudge (S.'s recipe)and when I pulled in the coffee table a little closer, my glass of milk tipped over. The whole glass. It was in a frosty Coca Cola glass, with a narrow bottom. Dammit. What a fucking mess. There was milk everywhere, and it seemed like a gallon or more had spilled. It spilled on my laptop, the table, my plate, the fudge container, my pants, shirt, socks, my blanket, the sofa, holy shit it was everwhere, dripping. Thankfully it only spilled on the bottom corner of my laptop, where there aren't any buttons or openings...phew. I couldn't handle sending it off again, lol. My clothes was that wet, I was dripping, so not wanting to drip milk all over the place to change, I stripped right there in the living room, went back to change and brought a bucket of water into the living room to clean up.


Having learned my lesson, I got yet another frosted glass, this time a sturdy blue glass mug. My friend S. (who's fudge recipe I had used) gave them to me years ago. I put it on a table that I do not intend on moving anywhere soon, and sat next to it. And ate my damn fudge.


It's 9:10pm here in the NWT, and the ball drops in Times Square in less than an hour. There are locals sending up fireworks somewhere, but I can't see them from where I am. I can hear them and they are tripping out Stormy, heh heh...Happy New Year!

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page