Saturday, May 13, 2006

Arms of Steel (or not)

Day two of the canoe course has drawn to an end...and my arms didn't let me down again today, which is groovy...I thought for sure after the pain last night while I tried to sleep, that I wouldn't be able to do much today, but by the morning, the pain was mostly gone and I had no troubles all day, even when we nearly capsized into the frigid Yukon River, as it snowed down on us...


And you know what? Not once did I question what in the hell I was doing out icy waters in a canoe while it snowed and rained one me...I was either terrified, frustrated, or having too much fun today, and I even made it one down perfectly through the chute, which impressed both R. and I. I'm all about the adventure now...and Amber and I have decided to rent a canoe for a few days while on vacation next week, beginning on Saturday. Amber has her own story to tell about today...paddling and chatting with the charming instructor...who by his father's admission, is still single, lol...made for a more enjoyable ride when one can flirt...ahhh...youth, I remember it well...or do I?


This is a pic of the kind of canoe we were in today, made by Old Town.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page