Friday, May 12, 2006

I AM GETTING LUNCH DAMMIT

Well, it seems as though forces were conspiring against me today as I attempted to simply get some lunch while out to bring back to my office. It began when I started at Superstore to get a couple of things for home, and got into the express lane…so much for the express…while in the lane, I got thirsty and thought I would grab a bottle of ginger ale. They rarely have Canada Dry at the checkouts so I was excited to see one last bottle left in the cooler, and grabbed it. WTF? I took it out and it was frozen solid. Ok, so much for that. I proceeded through the checkout at a snail’s pace, never mind that the entire family of one of my cases was standing in front of me…and that two days ago that mom was screaming in my ear. Anyhow, I digress.


I thought I would simply stop at Tony’s Pizza, a local pizza place a co-worker had recommended for single slices. Only it wasn’t where I thought it was, so had to drive around a bit…still driving, I thought I would just call this co-worker (who is from the Yukon) and find out where Tony’s was. My cell phone had other ideas…network is busy…for all 4 attempts. As fate would have it, moments before I biffed the fucking cell phone out the window, I spotted Tony’s, and after several attempts to cross the road, got in there.


Tony has a different lunch menu for each day of the week and it was my poor luck that today they only offered slices of pizza in meatlover’s (the heart association choice), chicken supreme (included several items I am not particularly fond of) and cheese. WTF? What happened to plain old pepperoni pizza??? Or vegetarian pizza, I would have settled for that. Fine, I stomped out, unhappy and hungry and went in search of another pizza place that had been mentioned at work, Bocelli’s Pizza. Got there, got easily parked, and tried to open the door…CLOSED. WTF? It is 1:30pm in the afternoon, and the posted hours state they opened at 11am…well fuck me. I am hungry.


I noticed a mini-mart/bakery next door so thought I would just dash in there and at least get SOMETHING. Lo and behold, they also sell slices of pizza (I was bound and determined to get pizza today like some crazy animal craving). So I got two wrapped up and ready to go, got my ginger ale, and got the hell back to my office. The pizza tasted like cardboard and was quite skimpy on the cheese, but dammit, I HAD LUNCH.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page