Friday, July 14, 2006

Fish Tank Adventures

The toxic waste dump known as my fishtank finally got a thorough cleaning last night. Turns out I haven't been adding a certain chemical weekly, so the algae got a little out of control. I also had a snail problem. I bought a plant for it a little while back, and it must have had some on it, though I didn't see any. Within a couple of months there were dozens of snails in my tank...icky poop machines.


So there was reason to empty the tank and give it a good cleaning. Once I finally captured all the fish without killing any of them (phew) I put the container on the floor...McGee didn't notice at first but once he did, he was determined to check them out. So I finally had to flick him on the head with a wet hand (I think he thought they jumped out at him!) and he laid down beside it simply to watch. He pawed at it a little with them swimming around so fast in there, but behaved for the most part.


What a damn mess I had though...water everywhere...and then when I went to put the filter back on the side of the tank, I filled it with water to get it going again, but forgot to put the fan back on the bottom, and the water poured out through there, down the back of my stand onto all of my plugins...ZZZZZZZZZZZAAP......or so I thought. Quickly cleaned that up and we were back in business...now the tanks sparkles once again and the fish look happy. Phew. The first time for a major clean without casualties...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page