Sunday, July 23, 2006

Road Trips

Well, that was probably the last road trip with A. for a while. For some reason, I'm a bitch if I happen to say something about A. driving 130kms/hr over what has to be the worst highway in the world, skimming the edge of the cratered potholes, and slaloming through the loose gravel they warn you about, and caution you to slow down through. Forgive me if I want my brand new car to see more than a week of life with me. This child does not appear to have any common sense about what a car can and should be put through. When I did say something about her driving, she belittled me, telling me that I was being ridiculous and that my car should be able to handle it...forgive me dear, innocent child if I have had to pay out small fortunes in the past to repair rims, shocks, springs, whatever because some asshole did not treat his car kindly before selling it to me. Now that I have my first brand new car purchase, I just want to be a little more cautious about my car.


And let's not forget the reality of a breakdown on the highway that really is in the middle of nowhere...I didn't fancy wanting to sit around for 2 days for someone to send help in the dry, hot, mountain dirt. Or the fact that I just don't want someone breaking my damn car!!!


Anyhow, if her driving is any indication of how she will treat cars in the future...her new little car has much to endure. I predict it will not make it to the winter without a major injury...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page