Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Listen to the music

ignore the instructions on the pic I'm heading off to my first outdoor music festival in the Yukon. I didn't get to the Alsek one, maybe next year. This weekend I'm off to the Atlin Arts and Music Festival in Atlin, BC. There is a huge lake near the festival grounds where people often camp...I am looking for a place to hang my hammock...I don't do tents if at all possible...I'd rather stay up or sleep in my car. I've tried air mattresses but this aging body of mine doesn't like that anymore. The hammock has been the perfect fit for me, sleep like a baby in it. I just have to have two places to hang it from...and last summer I ended up with neither at a couple of musical weekends. I don't think that will be the problem here as it sounds like trees are not far, and the campsites are treed. We shall see. I have done it with just one tree a number of times, tying it to someone's vehicle on one end, lol (camper, truck, blazer...whatever! Thanks guys!)


I have been trying to access their site today and can't get in so it must be down. I wanted to check out the lineup and see what they had to say about the festival grounds. For now I shall have to rely on word of mouth as many I know have enjoyed festivals past.


I sure hope the weather is good, but I can handle a little rain and fog about now...the lake is ok to swim in, but apparently brrrrrrrrrrrrr....I will check it out just the same. I've never gone swimming in BC before...


Now as long as my roomie doesn't have a huge party while I'm gone... ;-)

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page