Thursday, April 19, 2007

Week in Review

I haven't posted in a few days...been busy...

  • flew out by charter yesterday for a seminar in another city
  • Tuesday was check-up day...time to pop the hood and take a look. Yup, time for the annual physical - hope that everyone takes the time to do so. Mine took quite a while, well over an hour...but the nurse was new to the centre so had to gather everything from various rooms, and it wasn't the regular day for well-woman checkups. I didn't mind...I like it when they are thorough. I had a 12-lead EKG which was fine, but I forgot to remove one of the sticky patches with the snap on it from under my boob. All day long I was wondering why my fucking bra was irritating me so much...then I got home from work and took it off (like usual - socks and bra get the fling when I get home from work) and I was still irritated...so then I found the sticky...it's no wonder I was irriated all day...
  • did some power shopping yesterday and managed to pick up some new sheets. I don't know what the cats are doing my bedding but it gets shredded pretty quickly, particularly the sheets. So I don't buy expensive ones, however I do like plain cotton, no printed polyester for me! Stormy "helped" me make the bed when they were washed and dried...he loves to hide under them as I tuck things in.
  • the snow is going fast, though it's been a little chillier the past few days...-6C the past two mornings. I'll be glad when the ice is out of the lake so I can get paddling
  • I made a huge fucking mess last night. I was thoroughly disgusted with myself. I had gotten a snack and was settling down next to the coffee table with it, and had intended on surfing for a bit. Well, as I picked up my frosted glass of beer, it slipped and I dropped it onto the table where it bounced and I was at least able to grab it before it tipped, but not before half of the contents flew out of it, all over the table. Now anyone who knows me and has been to my house in recent years knows that I have quite a cluttered coffee table, as it is my centre...a basket of remotes (there are so damn many and I can't get one universal one to work them ALL, just some of them) and of course they got hit. They all work, but what a damn mess. I also have that rubber non-slip matting underneath two table runners to protect my table and they were a MESS. I was lucky it just splashed the corner of my laptop because if it had ruined it, it would have been punted into the driveway, through the front door...needless to say, I didn't get to snack for about a half an hour while I cleaned up the dirty mess. ARRRRGGGHHHH.
  • tomorrow is Friday. Yayyyyyyy! I don't have any plans, however I do expect to be cleaning house, working on my scrapbook (I am determined to FINISH IT) and the usual puttering. There will be BBQ (coming over miss L?) I reckon and then I have to pack for my next trip away...have to head to the city for training on adoptions on Monday.

Happy Thursday everyone...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i could come over for your hamburgers!!! i'm sure i could do it - you are what, a 2 day drive away?

liza

Dreama said...

yup, 2 days drive...24 hours if you drove straight through...but be sure to bring gas as there isn't much on the go at night for many hundreds of kms!

I will remember you while I chomp down into a big juicy burger this weekend.

 
Locations of visitors to this page