Sunday, April 01, 2007

My Cat Thinks I am Interesting



Stormy likes to follow me. Often. Pretty near any time I go out into the kitchen. Sometimes he will lay on the sofa and watch me in the kitchen...and wait for things to get more interesting - like I am making anything with food...


Anytime I speak out loud and he is not in the room (and he knows I am alone) he will come running into the room to see what's going on.


When I go into the bathroom for whatever reason, I generally leave the door open (only when alone of course) and he will come sauntering in, curling around the door. Via comes in for the chance at running water she can get into.


When I am making the bed, Stormy likes to come in and "help". And if he is in the living room when I am at it, he hears me and comes running in on the bed. He loves running under the covers when I am flapping them over the bed.


When I come home from work, he is laying on the top edge of the sofa, looking out at the driveway for me to pull in, and comes running to the door to greet me, smelling everything to see if I've been anywhere new, perhaps cheating on him with another cat...


When I bring a snack into the living room, he will come prowling over to see if it is anything he might like me to "share" with him. And if I don't share, he sometimes will push his luck...until I shove him under the table.


His favorite place to perch and watch me is in his fleecy cat bed on the sofa to my left. He can watch all the action from there I'll reckon.


When I sit on the floor with my legs under the coffee table, he will come over and lay down beside me, watching what I'm up to (usually using my laptop on the table, or writing something).


And just so I don't forget him, regularly he will come thundering over and leap onto my chest to demand attention, standing there, before settling down across one shoulder.


Apparently he likes the smell of me as well and sniffs me with his wet nose all the time...which I HATE.


I wonder if he gets bored with me as well...that's probably when he goes into my bedroom on my bed, which is only now and then. Via is there every day. She doesn't think I'm interesting at all, unless I am shaking a can of treats. Otherwise she ignores me until she is ready for affection.

1 comment:

zandperl said...

When I go to use the bathroom my cockatiel starts chirping sadly that I've left her all alone - unless I leave the door open a crack and wave my hand around the doorframe to her occasionally! :-P

 
Locations of visitors to this page