Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Blind Date Anxiety

Yes, you heard it right...I am going on a blind date today - lunch date at a nice restaurant. I'm in the city on duty travel, met this chap online and he asked me out to lunch. Nerves are rattled, as usual, but at least I've brought something suitable to wear, which of course as most ladies know, is the most important thing about a blind date. I was already here when he asked me out, so it was just lucky that I brought something with me, or there would have been some shopping to do.


My last blind date (seems that is all I've had since I left my husband all those years ago) was a bust. The guy treated me like some distant relative that he was forced to feed at his house, chucking the silverware across the table at me like some insolent child and not offering to take my jacket, and lack of furniture left it piled on the floor, among other things...anyhow...I'm holding out hope that this one will be better.


Dating at my age is not fun, let me tell you. At least at 18 I knew the rules and what to do. Now WHAT?

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page