Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Well That Was Nice...BUT

Went out on a date with a man I met online yesterday. We had lunch at a nice restaurant here in YK. I didn't get a good vibe from the beginning, feeling the tension/nerves as he struggled to keep up with conversation. He was pleasant enough, BUT...I could feel that something was wrong. Then I heard from him this morning that he felt it was too early to date, as he is just out of his last relationship of 12 years...can we say REBOUND? Boing-sha-woing-woing...


I believe I was his first date too, since leaving his wife a few months ago. C'est la vie...the search continues...and Lavalife continues to suck. I deleted my profile last fall after getting thoroughly disgusted with the creeps that sought me out - men from foreign countries looking for a wife to let them into Canada, and men who went straight from Hi, how are you, can you show me your tits...


And then I built a new profile a couple of months ago...and apparently there still are no nice guys left! Not that this fellow wasn't nice...he just isn't really looking. He did seek me out, but then his nerves and "baggage" (his term) got the better of him.


Dating at 40 is rotten.

1 comment:

Big Hoser said...

"Hi, how are you, can you show me your tits..."

Geez! I said that ONCE!! You'll never let me live it down!

:p

~HH.

 
Locations of visitors to this page