Thursday, May 03, 2007

Super Stormy Saved The Day

Sitting on my small sofa, Stormy was on the back, laying down as usual, never wishing to be far. Then I sensed a fair bit of movement and turned my head and shoulders back to see what was up. He looked puzzled, and as if he was looking for something. My first thought, shit, a mosquito got in here already. They are indeed out, while not in full force, they have sent spies ahead...however there was no mosquito in sight. So I watched him for a few moments, getting a kick out of his actions...then I saw it. A spider the size of my thumb (the whole spider, not just the body) was on my sofa pillow. A brown spider on my brown sofa pillow. I almost didn't see it as it blended so very well. Clearly that was what Stormy was after, but not wanting to alert him to it, because if that spider jumped on me to get away, well...there would be screaming and one of us would be airborne...I grabbed a tissue and picked up the spider, depositing him soundly in the toilet with a flush...Stormy hasn't figured that out yet and was up on the sofa for another 10 minutes still looking for the spider.

Funny how such a tiny thing can bring out the heebie jeebies in some people. I am one of them.

Now here we have Stormy with his new race car. It's just a little one, so Teddy couldn't fit *in* it, but could be taped *to* it. Stormy got a big kick out of this and took off after Teddy with concern...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page