Monday, May 14, 2007

That Was Scary...

but now it's over. I wiped my drive, with the help of Dell tech support (in India). It wasn't nearly as scary as the last time I did it...and only took 5 minutes instead of the 3 hours it took last time, doing it step by step. Phew...


My computer has been completely bogged down for months now and I have been dreading wiping it, as it involved backing up everything, including the hundreds of photos, emails, and other crap. I finally got all the backing up done tonight, and was thrilled to discover that PC restore can put my computer back to factory condition...yayyyy...


As well, I didn't get attacked by viruses the minute I logged into the net, unlike last time when I wiped my desktop computer...and I had dial-up so downloading updates took 3 days...


Now it's fresh and clean and running smoothly again...nice. And lucky...because I was about to biff it through the front window...

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page