Thursday, November 10, 2005

Fresh Mouse Is On The Menu

Well, since my friends moved into their new to them home, they have known they had mice…heard them in the walls. They lost their mouser, Rupert to the coyotes earlier this fall. Since moving in here for a few weeks before I head north, I had heard them myself and at one point was awakened by a scuffle under my bed, but had yet to see one.


This morning one made its appearance. Via came charging into my room after one, and as soon as Stormy caught wind of it, he shoved her out of the way and took it for himself and ran into the basement with it, growling the entire time. Not wanting him to butcher it and leave a big mess, or worse, hide it somewhere to rot, I followed him down and had to chase him to get it away from him. It was still alive, barely, so I took it by the tail out of his mouth and threw it outside. I received quite a dirty look from his captor, let me tell you…


Poor Via was upstairs still, sitting in the corner where she had last seen the mouse before Stormy charged in and stole it from her, thinking it might come back…sad. Not that she hasn’t had here share of hunting victories, there have been a few, including some pet mice…but that’s a story for another day.


So hats off to the tag team kitties for catching a mouse. I think they’ve earned their keep here now.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page