Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Saying Goodbye Is Never Easy

Today I was treated to a lunch at the Maritime Inn by my co-workers with a healthy turnout as a goodbye thing. Since I wasn’t aware of it until about an hour or so before, it was quite a surprise…I might not have known then if my supervisor hadn’t told me after hearing I was possibly planning to go out on the road for the day. She was worried they would all be at my luncheon with no guest of honour, heh heh. The ED got up and then sat down and then got up again to say a few words…it was very nice to hear how he felt about me and my work. Its one of those things you can pull out now and again after a rough day and read over, feeling good about yourself all over again. Thanks M.


so there was also a gift involved and since I had seen many colleagues come and go in my over 3 years here and my involvement in our “social committee” I knew there would be a gift, so I shamelessly let it be known I didn’t have a case for my laptop and if they were struggling with what to get, that would be it. Groovy. They picked out a wonderful leather case for my laptop and when I got back to my current living arrangement, I checked out all the compartments and resized the padding to fit my computer. It fit very nicely, and then I thought I might grab it by the handle and see how it felt to carry it, would it be heavy, and so on. Only to promptly drop the fucking thing on the floor. I had forgotten to zipper it up and my beautiful laptop, tumbled out of the case it was supposed to be protected by onto the hardwood floor. Didn’t I feel stupid…


Then I became paranoid that I had broken it, and once I finally turned it on, if anything seemed different, I blamed myself…turned out though that it was absolutely fine…PHEW!


We’re heading out to a local bar and grill after work for a few more casual drinks and laughs so I’m hoping that I don’t begin to cry there…I sure did when I tried to speak at the lunch…gawd, it was embarrassing.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page