Saturday, October 14, 2006

New Bitch In Town



Irelyn arrived safely last night. Against her owner's wishes, the airline saw fit to feed and water her in her cage, so she was full of food and water and urine when she arrived. Dumb asses. It ws only a 3 hour flight, she would have been better off without it. She had quite a ride, including the one in the car home from the airport...it snowed last night and A. took quite a spin after being forced to the side of the road by a roadhogging transport truck coming the other way. She's ok, but the both of them got quite a fright!


We decided to segregate her kitty for the night as there was much growling and hissing and she needed some space to clean herself up, so put her in the bathroom (my only room with a door other than the storage closet) with food, water, and litter. She didn't touch any of it, but was laying in the kitty bed we put in there for her when I got up this morning.


She is still pretty upset this morning, and the pecking order is being re-established once again. I know that cats like to have some height while doing this and she wouldn't want to be cornered in the bathroom, so I coaxed the others out into kitchen with treats and put Irelyn on the stairs going up to the loft. She seemed ok with this and before long, took off upstairs and is now sitting at the railing looking downstairs at the living room, growling and hissing at her subjects below. The other cats clearly will be submitting to her for a while until she settles down. She is a former street cat rescued from the SPCA, so has the fighting skills of a ninja warrior.


So today will be spent observing and running interference if necessary while they settle things out between the four of them.


I can't fucking believe I have four cats in the house now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't help but laugh when I read your blog. Seems you have terrible luck on Friday the 13th. Seems fitting how you received another cat on Friday the 13th, hehe. Glad I could help with that.
Take care
Andrea

Dreama said...

This one turned out to be just as evil or more so than Stormy. I know it is mostly because of the other cats in this small space, but she nearly shredded me today. Thankfully I was expecting it as I passed her going down the stairs and she got my bathtowel instead. I must be crazy.

 
Locations of visitors to this page