Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thinned Patience

What an interesting phrase. Thinned patience. That's exactly how I feel today. No biggies, just the usual. A.'s fucking cats kept me up again last night. Sunday can't come soon enough...sigh. And how they keep me up is just plain ANNOYING. One of their favorite things to do is to root around in the litter box for hours on end...THEN the both like to run their claws down either the wall or the side of the litter box, with a SCREEK, SCREEK, SCREEK...imagine nails on a chaulkboard and you get the picture.


So with little sleep this past few weeks, my patience was already thin. Then I decide to head out to Rotten Ronnies for a breakfast meal on my coffee break at work. Could someone please explain to me why they put someone who can't fucking speak English on the drive through. The speaker is shitty enough without putting someone you can't understand on it. I can usually understand any accent, and have lived in very multicultural settings, surrounded by different languages and never really had a problem. This morning, I don't know what the hell she was talking about. So I told her that, and proceeded past both windows and left without my order. And yes, I did say "I don't know what the hell you are saying, forget it" and left. You can take your herro, may I herp you and stuff it. I went to Tim's instead and ordered from that immigrant. At least he could speak English.


Sigh. So by noon I had a headache, variety of reasons...and left to come home, taking off sick for the afternoon. Of course there was some dumb fuck in a truck in front of me, and for whatever bizzare reason, they don't have passing lanes in the Yukon. But they do have long turn lanes on the highway, so that becomes my passing lane...ZOOOOM...smell ya later. I just didn't have the patience to drive 60kms/hr all the way home behind him. The speed limit is 90kms/hr for pete's sake.


So here I sit at home, cooling off, and trying my best not to evict A.'s two cats. It is mostly the recent addition that annoys me in the daytime with her constant hissing, growling, screaming, and shredding of flesh...feline and human. Where's that bear at again...I might have a little snack for him...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about Irelyn scratching her nails over the wall. Oh my god it's so annoying. I remember layin on the couch trying to catch a snooze and she would start the scratching, and just like you said, nails on a chalkboard. Try to keep your cool, Sunday will soon be here.
Andrea

Big Hoser said...

I get the feeling you're sick and tired about... something... can't put my finger on it at the moment.

Give me a minute and I'm sure I'll figure it out.

~HH.

Dreama said...

She signed the lease today...the foreign felines shall be moving out in about 2 days...FINALLY.

 
Locations of visitors to this page