Monday, January 26, 2004

I think I detest the cold about as much as I detest snow...it has been downright frigid these past few days again...Antigonish had a wind chill of -50C, what the F***? I came to Cape Breton thinking they have mild winters...lots of snow, no kidding on that one, but not this frigging deep freeze. It is so cold and windy that my car almost doesn't start in the morning...good thing its a newer car, or I'd be out of luck. I have wanted to get out walking since the new year, but if it isn't arctic deep chill out there, it is a blizzard...what a rotten winter. I like the nice sunny winter days where there is no wind and the sun glints off the sparkly snow...instead I have this hell hole I am living in. WAHHHHHH!

All my thoughts return to warm and sunny central america where we hope to be in mid April...just less than three months from now...ahhhhh...beaches, tropical waters, and fruity drinks...and, oh the tan I will return with! Just at the beginning of summer here too. My luck though, I will be eaten alive by mosquitoes and sick with malaria, burnt to a crisp, or waterlogged from the torrential rains.

but it would be warm and snow free.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page