Saturday, January 31, 2004

ok, I don't know how I like this whole no curfew things for the resident teenager. I had promised her that once she finished school, she could drop her curfew, and that all I would like from her is a phone call to let me know if she was coming home that night or not, or a check-in at midnight. She left earlier tonight for a friend's house to celebrate his birthday, and left me a note saying she would likely be home tonight, which meant she would be home by about midnight as the others would probably go to the bar and she can't get in (not that she hasn't tried!). It is now 1:20am and no word or sign from the child.

Knowing her, she is probably just asleep over there, as she doesn't usually last late anywhere...however, I would like to know that....my overactive brain just worries. She has a cell phone, but of course, leaves it in her purse, which she throws under a chair as soon as she gets there. It just rings and rings, so what's the point? ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH....I am in my mother's world...worrywart hell!

It is bitter cold tonight, only to add to my worries...what in the hell will I ever do when she moves out...I'll just have to check into "la nut farm"...

looks like a dusting of new snow on the ground...nothing to shovel yet though, good thing as Brad is at the party with resident teen!

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page