Saturday, September 17, 2005

Bring it on Bitch

"LATEST INDICATIONS ARE THAT OPHELIA WILL MOVE OVER CANADIAN WATERS SOUTHWEST OF NOVA SCOTIA THIS AFTERNOON. THEREAFTER IT WILL CROSS NOVA SCOTIA TONIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING WHILE UNDERGOING POST-TROPICAL TRANSITION. POST-TROPICAL OPHELIA IS THEN EXPECTED TO TRACK ACROSS CENTRAL NEWFOUNDLAND SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT. "


this is our local warning from the Weather Network. I know, nowhere's near the worry as a hurricane, particularly one like Katrina. However, we don't get a lot of severe weather here this time of year, its usually later on, and more likely to be a blizzard (which IMHO rarely REALLY happens. We get lots of snowfall, thats what I think) warning. This is not to say we haven't been hit by a hurricane...Hurricane Juan in 2003 sure left its mark on parts of Nova Scotia.


In any case, better to be safe than stupid sorry, so I have filled the bathtub with water, gathered my candles, lighters, matches, taken the patio furniture in, secured my kayak, and closed most of the windows (a few cracks open to help with air/wind pressure); I have drinking water, blankets, am wearing socks now (very unusual for me), lotsa junk food, beer, bread, fruit, etc. (maybe not lots of the healthy stuff, but some) and I have my portable radio above me as I type, for those weather news updates. Gawd. I feel neurotic, but what the hell...I am moving away from hurricane waters, so have to soak up the storms when they come.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page