Friday, September 16, 2005

Hotel Room Shopping

Hotel Room Shopping SUCKS ASS

What I thought would be an easy task for me today turned into a goddamn hassle. It began with a RCMP officer calling my house, had gotten my number from work and needed to talk to me about a joint interview we are doing next week out of town (work related) so I realized I had not yet booked a room. Fine. I’ll stay where I usually stay, at the Cambridge Suites. First I have to get the phone number off the net, as I am at home and have no phone numbers on me or the proper phone book. Dial-up, search web, get number and call. They give me a ridiculous government rate of $155 in SEPTEMBER. WTF? So I told them no way I can make that fly with my agency, I’ll try somewhere else.

Back on the internet, dial-up, search, get number, and call the Future Inns, where I was positive some of my co-workers had stayed before so direct billing would have been set up. Apparently not, and it required too much thinking for me today to sort out. Fuck it.

Back on the internet, dial-up, search, get number and call the Lakeview Inn and Suites where I had stayed before in Halifax. No rooms available. Ok, give me the friggin Dartmouth number. She gives me a toll free number that turns out to be a booking centre, not the actual hotel. Fine. They have a room, I go to book it and they can see that I have stayed there before and that we are set up for direct billing, but won’t allow me to direct bill because they are not actually the hotel, but a booking centre. FUCK. Can you please give me the goddamn number for the fucking hotel in Dartmouth?

They provide the number, and FINALLY I have secured a SUITE at $87/night. FINALLY, an hour later. WTF!!!

Ok, I am frustrated. I am definitely putting in for a callback on this deal…RCMP and how many hotels, and never mind the runaround I got calling the office in Dartmouth to book an interview room…4 people it took to get someone who could help me. I am going to have a drink. I don’t care what time it is.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page