Monday, September 26, 2005

Those Were The Days

Well, not too long ago the thought of company coming for a few days would have sent me into a cleaning frenzy and baking spree. The fridge would be stocked, and everthing would be 'just so'. Tomorrow my parents and my sister's in-laws arrive for a few days and I have done none of those things. What has become of me? Heh heh. I don't feel like impressing anyone any more I guess. My house is a little untidy, so what. I live alone and am the only one I have to answer to. (When did that happen???) I like baking but eat too much of it as it is, so haven't baked in eons. stocked fridge...um, I hardly ever cook anymore, let alone shop for groceries. Oh how the times have changed. Do I like the new, more relaxed person I am becoming? (hold the chuckles, I am not the same at home that I am at work, M. and you know it.) You should have seen me before, when I lived in Newfoundland. A little high strung, you might say. I have mellowed a fair bit over the past years, particularly since I began living on my own.


So, there will be no 3 course meal tomorrow night, nor sparkling commode, but they will have a clean bed to sleep in. What else could they need?


I am looking forward to some company for a few days though...with M. gone for the week, the nights will be dull! Hope you're having fun in the city, M.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the city is having fun, i'm along for the ride. had some sushi tonight, a rarity since moving to the boonies. see ya on friday, thanks again for holdin' down the fort.
-mm

Dreama said...

np, mm...my laptop is acting weird again...I think I may have to send it back...arrrrgggghhhhh...enjoy the city...I am here with old people who are talking about bowel movements and false teeth...sigh.

 
Locations of visitors to this page